There’s many perks to our job but one of our favourites is getting to hear so many wonderful proposal stories when we first meet our couples. Some involve months of planning and other grooms choose to pop the question at home, but every single one is special – it’s the moment when two people decide they want to spend the rest of their lives making each other happy!
Here are five of our most memorable proposal stories (and a few ideas for those yet to propose):
1. A surprise behind-the-scenes tigers feeding session at the Melbourne Zoo (the bride’s fave animal)
2. One groom dressed the couple’s one-month-old baby in a specially made onesie printed with the words: “will you marry my dad?”
3. During a snorkelling trip in Sicily, one groom pretended to see something sparkling in the coral and dived down to “retrieve” the ring (which he had been hiding on his finger the whole time)
4. After proposing during a special dinner, one groom took his bride-to-be to a monument of his ancestor at Station Pier to tell her, “this is your family history now”
5. A surprise limo took one bride to a tent set up in Flagstaff Gardens with fairy lights and a DVD slideshow of photos of them both
Do you have an amazing proposal story that beats these? We’d love to hear it on our Facebook page